GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICES
Just like large Fortune 500 companies, small businesses face a host of challenges in managing their workplace legal issues. Unlike the larger companies though, smaller businesses often cannot afford to hire an attorney as a full time employee of the company. The Blackburn Law Firm is different. We provide high quality legal services to small businesses at competitive prices. We can meet your small business legal needs by serving as your company's off-site general counsel.
Our firm's managing member, Calvin Blackburn, is a former General Counsel and Vice President of Human Resources for a manufacturing company with approximately 550 employees. His experience in that capacity, as well as 16 years as an employment attorney, make him uniquely qualified to advise, counsel, and represent small businesses in workplace issues. Below are just a few of the many legal services that The Blackburn Law Firm can provide for your business:
- Drafting employee handbooks
- Drafting workplace policies
- Drafting employment contracts
- Investigation of employee complaints
- Counseling and advice regarding workplace issues
- On-site labor and employment training and seminars for all employees
- Guidance in conducting legally compliant reductions in force or mass layoffs.
- Auditing of company I-9 compliance
- Auditing of company minimum wage and overtime compliance
- Assistance in responding to governmental inquiries and/or complaints about your company's workplace practices (i.e. EEOC charges)
Rates are available on an hourly or flat fee basis. Call us today for your General Counsel needs.